The sidebar allows you to enrich your 3D content with additional information and interactions such as facts about your products and web links.
The content of your SmartVu's® sidebar is determined by its widgets which can be configured using the SmartVu® Editor. Depending on the template of your SmartVu® as well as your subscription, you can add a variety of widgets such as:
- SmartVu® Title/Description/Hashtags/Preview Image Widget: Displays the SmartVu's® title, description, hashtags or preview image
- Caption Widget: Displays a custom caption that supports HTML-formatting as well as web links
- Text Widget: Displays a custom text that supports HTML-formatting as well as web links
- Facts Widget: Displays a list of facts about your product as bullet points
- Properties: Displays a set of properties of your product as a table
- Media Items: Displays a collection of media items such as images, videos or PDF files
- Product Variations: Allows the user to switch between the different variations of the product
Example of a SmartVu with all available Widgets in the Sidebar:
Example for the Media Widget:
For most SmartVu® templates, the sidebar will contain a number of widgets by default. In most cases, these are SmartVu® Title, Description and Preview Image widgets.
Default Widgets SmartVu:
In some cases, you may want to hide the sidebar for your SmartVu® or disable it completely. This can be achieved by setting the sidebar behavior in the SmartVu® Editor in the Advanced Settings tab.
You can choose between four different options:
- Template Default: Use the default behavior for this SmartVu® template. For most templates, this is the same as Show Initially
- Show Initially: Automatically open the sidebar as soon as the SmartVu® as finished loading
- Hide Initially: Do not open the sidebar automatically, but allow opening it manually
- Disable: Completely remove the sidebar