How to publish your SmartVu® for the Web
Publishing your SmartVu®'s for the Web allows you to share a preview of your 3D content that can be viewed directly in the web browser - no app installation required.
- All 3D models linked in your SmartVu® need to be available as a web version. If you uploaded your files in January 2020 or later, you should be good to go. Older 3D models might need require reprocessing with Aura before you can view them in the VUFRAME® App for Web.
- Your SmartVu® needs to be shared
- Currently, the VUFRAME® Web Viewer only offers full support for the Simple SmartVu® template. However, other SmartVu® templates can still be viewed. In that case, the VUFRAME® App for Web will display the first 3D model linked in the SmartVu®.
While there is no size limit for the 3D models the VUFRAME® App for Web can display, we recommend using models below 100MB in order to ensure compatibility with all devices and avoid excessive network traffic.
In order to open your SmartVu® in the VUFRAME® App for Web, simply open https://view.vuframe.com, enter the SmartVu®'s share code and click the "View"-button. Alternatively, you can also directly access the 3D-view by opening https://view.vuframe.com/<YOUR SHARE CODE>. You can share this link with other people or use it to embed the VUFRAME® App for Web into your own website using an iFrame element.
In addition, you may configure the behaviour of the embedded SmartVu® using the following configuration parameters:
- Disable autoplay: By default, the SmartVu® will start loading as soon as the page has initialized. If you want to disable this behaviour, set the autoplay parameter to 0. In this case, a play button will be displayed that loads the 3D content on click.
- Hide "Open in App" button: If you want to hide the "Open in App" button displayed in the bottom left corner of the 3D view, set the parameter hide_applink to 1.
For example, the link
https://view.vuframe.com/<SHARE CODE>?autoplay=0&hide_applink=0disables autoplay as well as the Open in App button.
At the moment, the VUFRAME® App for Web does not support all features of the VUFRAME® platform. The following things are not available yet: