App Installation and Device Tracking
VUFRAME® Studio allows you to track how your clients are using your apps by providing you with activity and device information.
To view the installation and device information for one of the apps you have created in VUFRAME® Studio, open the app list using the menu entry Apps and find your app in the list. Alternatively, you can click the navbar entry labeled Download in the App Editor. From this page, you can access the tracking information by selecting the navigation entry Devices.
The app tracking page displays a list of all devices your app has been installed as well as some information about the user and their activity. A new entry is added every time your app is installed on a new device.
- Device Name: The custom name of the device (e.g. "John's iPad").
- Device Type: The model of the device the app is running on (e.g. "iPad Air 2").
- User: If the app was installed using a personalized download link or if your app makes use of the enterprise user management, this field displays the name of the user the app installation was registered for. For installations via public link, the value will be "Anonymous".
- Registered at: The time and date the device was registered. This equals the time the app was installed.
- Last active at: The time and date the app was last started by the user.
If you expand one of the entries, a number of advanced information will be displayed for both the live and draft version of the app on the current device.
- App Version: The version name and build number of the currently installed version of the app. You can use this value to verify that your clients are using the latest version of the app.
- Content Revision: The version of the app content. You can use this to check whether a user has downloaded the latest content for your app by comparing it to the version number in the app editor.
⚠️ Important: As the app tracking system only has been fully available since March 2020, the tracking information displayed for older apps may be inaccurate (activity and version data may not match the actual values).