How to use the Cardboard VR Feature
1. How to add Cardboard VR Feature in VUFRAME® Studio
- Open VUFRAME® Studio (Link: www.vuframe.studio) and sign in to your VUFRAME® Studio account.
- Open the menu tab by clicking the v-shaped symbol on the upper left corner.
- Choose the Project in which you want to modify your SmartVu‘s™.
- After you’ve chosen your desired Project you can open the App-Editor within the menu tab.
- On the next page choose your App by clicking on the App card. Then pick the SmartVu™ you want to edit by clicking its card.
Note: You can also pick a SmartVu™ within your Project by directly opening the SmartVu™ Editor from the menu.
- Inside the SmartVu™ Editor you can add the Cardboard VR Feature to your selected SmartVu™. To do so click “Extensions”-tab on the SmartVu™ Editor toolbar.
Note: Be aware that not all SmartVu‘s™ support this feature.
- Next click the green Add Extension Button and add the Cardboard VR Feature
2. How to adjust Cardboard VR Feature settings in VUFRAME® Studio
Now after you’ve added the feature to your SmartVu™, choose an Ego-POI from where you want the running app to start its view when changing into Cardboard VR-Mode. Per default setting, the user will be placed automatically in front of the scene, so it‘s not necessary to specify an Ego-POI.
Note: It is recommended to use a SmartVu™ with Ego-POIs attached to it, since you can switch between the Ego-POIs to change view.
3. How to start the Cardboard VR-Mode inside your supported App
After you’ve opened the app, download and view your SmartVu™. When the opened SmartVu™ has the Cardboard VR Feature implemented, you will see the Cardboard VR Feature button in the upper right corner.
- First tab one of the Ego-POIs on the screen.
Note: This step is only needed if the SmartVu™ has the Cardboard VR default settings, otherwise the SmartVu™ will start its view from the specified Ego-POI.
- At this point you should see the content from the Ego perspective as shown in the Screenshot below.
Your screen content should now resemble the content shown in the following image.
4. How to use Cardboard VR-Mode inside your App
1. Cardboard VR-Mode buttons
- “Exit” button: There is a X-shaped button in the top left corner to exit mode.
- “Settings” button: There is a gear-wheel icon in the top right corner to open the settings menu.
2. Navigate your view
Put on the Cardboard viewer with your device in it, and look around by moving your head. While wearing the Cardboard viewer you should recognize a small white dot in the middle of the screen. This dot will follow your view.
To change your position in the scene:
- Locate another Ego-POI with the white dot and hold the dot’s position.
- Now you will see the Ego-POI getting bigger.
- Hold as long as your position hasn’t changed.
5. Problems & Limitations
The Cardboard VR Feature is only available on smartphones.