How to use the Password Protection Feature
The Password Protection Feature allows VUFRAME® Studio users to restrict access to App sections or SmartVu‘s™ by requiring a password. It is NOT intended for securing confidential information as it only provides surface-level protection.
- Open VUFRAME® Studio www.vuframe.studio and sign in to your VUFRAME® Studio account.
- Unfold the menu tab by clicking the v-shaped symbol on the upper left corner.
- Then choose the Project you want to modify.
- After you’ve chosen your desired Project you can open the App Editor within the menu tab.
Note: If you only want to change the protection-settings for your SmartVu‘s™ then you can do so by opening the SmartVu™ Editor within the menu tab.
- Now select the content you want to define a password for by clicking the card displaying the preview image from one of the Page or SmartVu™ elements.
- When you’ve clicked a Page or SmartVu™ Card you will find on the next screen a toolbar below the content’s title. From where you can switch via a Settings option button (most right element) to settings menu.
- In the settings menu first scroll down to the Security-section and then check the Enable Password Protection box.
- After enabling the password protection, a input field will appear from where you can define a password.
Note: Password settings can only be changed by editor or higher (otherwise a short info text is displayed). Readonly role can only see the password as cleartext if it is set.
- Save your changes by clicking either the Save or Save&Close button
- A SmartVu™ with password protection is marked with a lock symbol at its entry in the SmartVu™ list and at the popup card as well.
- If an you attempt to open a page or SmartVu™ with Password Protection, you will be prompted to enter a password.
- You need to enter a password in order to:
- access locked app sections.
- download shared SmartVu‘s™ with Password Protection.
- open protected SmartVu‘s™.
Note: As long as users are logged in with their VUFRAME® Studio account, password protection will be ignored for all content they have access to within VUFRAME® Studio.
- When you have entered the correct password, it can be saved via the upcoming popup-dialog.
Note: The password remains only saved until the app is moved to the background.
- Users maybe will circumvent password protection on shared SmartVu‘s™ by opening them with an older version of the VUFRAME® App or any professional app that doesn’t support password protection yet.
- Users may have set a password for Pages/SmartVu‘s™ in existing apps that have not received an update yet, then the setting will have no effect.
- The password system can not guarantee full protection as the feature content is still delivered in seed as cleartext